Secure Hosting Introduction
Secure web hosting is referring to the technologies that a hosting company applied on their hosting server. Generally speaking, a secure web hosting service always comes with the latest security patches and well-trained hosting support team. Either from the datacenter layout or hosting server setup, the hosting company must do side by side configuration to make sure the entire route is sercure.
Best Secure Web Hosting
A good secure web hosting offers protection for both server end as well as code level. Here we compiled a list of the best secured web hosting service based editorial experience and continous monitoring over 10+ reputable providers. If you're looking for a secure hosting service, they're best choice from any side comparison.
WebhostingHub is NO.1 choice with best price for secure web hosting. Only $4.99/mo you can enjoy their blading fast and secure web server service. WebhostingHub is powered by 2 world class datacenters from east and west coasts. Besides all popular security configuration, they uses suPHP for php codes, it is rarely offered by most shared hosting service. With suPHP, each account site is running under different user rights other than default system user for all. WebhostingHub secure hosting plan includes:
- Free domain name
- Free website migration from other hosts
- Unlimited websites /database support
- 90 days money back guarantee
Go to www.WebhostingHub.com for secure hosting details
Arvixe.com is rated the most secured hosting provider for it's datacenter layout and leading supports. Their datacenters in Houston and Dallas datacenters has been certified by an independent auditor to be SAS 70 Type II compliant. Further more, Arvixe setup their hosting servers with latest hardware production as well as security patches etc. Both web server and database servers are protected by anti virus and load balancing to deal with various attacks. Arvixe secure hosting plans offered below advantages
- Choice of windows and linux
- Standard Websitepanel Hosting /
- Unlimited Space and bandwidth support
- Unlimited Sql server and mysql support
- Free domain name for life & 24 x 7 live support
- 60 days money back guarantee
Learn more arvixe hosting on this arvixe reviews
Visit official site www.Arvixe.com for secure hosting plans
How to Setup a Secure Hosting?
First of all, the datacenter is the most important part for secure hosting, As long as your datacenter is secured enough, you saved half the time. A secured datacenter should have sufficient power supply and redundant network and fast connectivity. There should be sufficient and powerful equiptments to handle heavy traffic and loading balance. Both hardware and software firewall to protect dos or ddos attacks.
Secondly, the hosting server should be setup with the latest haredware and software with engough CPU & Memory. The server OS must be from the popular brands with no security leaks and easy to get support from vendor, It should be optimized with all security patches. The server should also have both hardware and software firewall and anti-virus settings, All unused ports and services should be closed.
Lastly will be about hosting account settings. This includes directory permissions on server end and the hosting control panel settings. Hackers always try with file permissions leaks and hack into client accounts, there should be a good guide about how to configure proper permissions in control panel. A guide about how to secure password and username should be also provided to customer to enhance account security.
In a word, the hosting securtiy part is for both the hosting company and their customer but mainly from hosting company since they handle all stuff directly.
Secure Hosting From End users
Many hosting providers offered some kind security features in hosting. Regardless any server end protection, we should always try to protect ourselves in correct direction. Here're some good tips in using hosting service securely:
- SFTP – Most modern web hosts have offered sftp option for hosting account. While the regular ftp transfer is completely in plain text, sftp will encrypt everything before transfering. Make sure your web host give out this option and make sure to use it if you rely on security heavily.
- SSL – SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer that provides an encrypted path between the browser and web server. Whenever you need to gather sensitive information from website, an SSL certificate is a must. Almost every hosting offers free shared ssl. If it's not available, you might consider purchase one or sign up a free ssl hosting service.
- Backups – Backups should be performed regularly in order to protect your site in case of a problem or disaster. Hosting servers are also performing regular backups on server end, however it's always not free to get it unless it's hosting problem. We can always do full backup directly from control panel.
Tips in Selecting Secure Hosting
When you search for a secure hosting, you should firstly look at their datacenter layout, if they're not managing their own datacenters you should always check from the most famous world class datacenters list, as for server part, you should check with your interested hosting sales support before your sign up.
Security is always a hot topic in hosting business, When you search the internet you will find how many companies gone down due to security attack. Hackers are everywhere in the world, they always trying to hack into your server for sensitive data. If you're running a hosting business you have to monitor your server 24 hours and deal with all kinds of security leaks to keep your server clean and safe.