ASP.NET is a server-side Web application framework designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. It was first released in January 2002 with version 1.0 of the .NET Framework, and is the successor to Microsoft’s Active Server Pages (ASP) technology. Built around the Microsoft .NET Framework, ASP.NET provides the best possible environment to building and running dynamic applications. A decent ASP.NET hosting support most popular ASP.NET technologies such as ASP.NET MVC, Razor View Engine, Silverlight, ASP.NET AJAX, LINQ, WCF RIA Services, and Web Deploy etc.
Looking for the best ASP.NET hosting plan? Following are top recommendation based 99% existing satisfied clients feedback. We selected upon plan features, server availability, support availability and true editorial experience. Our sole purpose is to help register the best .net hosting service for your online business.
Best Asp.net Hosting Provider
You spend a lot of time developing your sites and applications. You need an ASP.NET host you can depend on. Your sites and all of your development projects must be hosted on ultra-reliable servers backed by our 99.9% Uptime Commitment. The following .net hosting providers are highly recommended based editorial experience:
Professional ASP.NET Hosting Provider & fully ASP.NET support. We can easily deploy the most popular ASP.NET CMS & Blog system such as Blogengine, movable type, dotnetnuke.
Hostgator ASP.NET hosting plan is created on Windows Server 2008 R2 with latest asp.net framework and MVC installed. Fully compatible with ASP, ASP.NET 2.0, ASP.NET 3.5, ASP.NET 4.0, ASP.NET 4.5.
With Hostgator asp.net hosting, everything is managed professionally through Plesk – a feature-rich windows hosting control panel that helps you manage your hosting account and assists you in creating websites, managing email addresses, & deploying applications to a server.
With hostgator asp.net hosting service, you can install over 30 popular open source .net scripts by one-click installer such as DotNetNuke, BlogEngine and Wiki etc.
- Latest Plesk Control Panel
- Instant Shopping Carts, Blogs, Portals, Forums
- Free Plesk Website Builder
- Unlimited MySQL, Microsoft SQL, and Access Databases
- Programming Modules: Curl, GD Library, MVC 3.0, AJAX
- Unlimited POP3 Email Accounts with SMTP
- 500+ Video Tutorials and 680+ Help Articles
Hostgator asp.net plan promo on http://www.hostgator.com
Award winning ASP.NET Hosting Provider with dedicated .net technology support! All ASP.NET hosting plans support ASP.NET Core (formerly ASP.NET 5) on Windows 2016 and Windows 2012 hosting platform. Asp.net Hosting plan including:
- Unlimited Disk Space, Unlimited Bandwidth
- Free domain name and Multiple Websites Hosted
- Daily Backups, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- 24/7 Phone & Email Support!
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
Unlike any other hosting providers, winhost only works for windows server system for .net hosting service with full trust support. They even developped their own .net based hosting control panel software with professional navigation.
Winhost unbeatale .net plan details http://www.winhost.com
What makes up a good Asp.net Hosting?
The following points are main criterias on rating ASP.NET web hosting besides the generic Windows hosting features.
- ASP.NET Frameworks: as ASP.NET websites have to run in the corresponding .NET framework, A good asp.net hosting provider will always keep update with microsoft .net technologies and provide the multip-version support in hosting plans.
- ASP.NET Trust Level: it’s the configuration in IIS for your websites. The best flexible option is Full Trust that you don’t worry the websites cannot run successfully in the shared web host. And the balanced option between security and flexibility is Medium if you’re experienced on ASP.NET debugging, deployment and you’re sensitive on the security and server reliability.
- Powerful Control panel – The control panel should be easy to configure asp.net stuff such as .net versions switch, trust level management and script map etc.
- Database: we consider more about the supported SQL Server version and limitation. The preferred SQL Server is 2008/2012 however most of web hosts support Express edition only. Actually it’s completely enough for websites hosted with shared web hosting. BestHostingSearch.com now has more than 500 unique visits and 2000 page views. And we don’t see any clues on bottleneck of the MS SQL Server 2008 Express edition.
- Customer support – No matter if you’re asp.net newbie or developer, you can’t avoid bothering the hosting support. 24 x 7 live support is always expected.
Why Choose Asp.net?
Microsoft ASP.NET is one of the very best platforms that you can use to build secure, robust and adaptable desktop or web applications. It is popular for large applications. It has many advantages for both end clients and developers. End clients can get applications that are feature-rich with intuitive experience while designers and developers get dynamic easy to use development features and adaptability.
Better UI Controls – Has a rich set of user interface (UI) controls that are in-build. The Microsoft ASP stage also third-party UI controls.
Security – The security offered on this platform is excellent and secure. It secures the application with the utilization of a variety of security components.
Integration with other Applications – .NET effortlessly coordinates with other Microsoft applications, making it easy to interface with emails, Exchange servers and Microsoft Office applications, retrieving data on a single login.
oMVC Architecture – Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture has code that is organized due to its Separation of Concerns methodology. Code organization promotes re-usability of code making it easy to develop versatile applications.
Fast Deployment – To quickly convey applications, the structure enables one-time setup creation. Applications can easily be sent Microsoft servers.
Asp.net Technology Overview
ASP.NET is a web application framework developed and marketed by Microsoft to allow programmers to build dynamic web sites, web applications and web services. Asp.net is the successor to Microsoft’s Active Server Pages (ASP) technology. Asp.net hosting is configured to serve asp.net applications in various solutions such as shared, VPS and dedicated server plans.
What’s Asp.net MVC? ASP.NET MVC Framework is a web application framework that implements the model-view-controller pattern. Based on ASP.NET, it allows software developers to build a Web application as a composition of three roles: Model, View and Controller.
Model: The model contains the core information for an application. This includes the data and validation rules as well as data access and aggregation logic.
View: The view encapsulates the presentation of the application, and in ASP.NET this is typically the HTML markup.
Controller: The controller contains the control-flow logic. It interacts with the Model and Views to control the flow of information and execution of the application.
Asp.net MVC Main features
- Complete control over your HTML Markup
- Enables rich AJAX and jQuery integration
- Allows you to create SEO-friendly URLs for your site
- Makes Test Driven Development (TDD) easy
December 10 2007 ASP.NET MVC CTP; March 13 2009 ASP.NET MVC 1.0; March 10 2010 ASP.NET MVC 2.0. Newest release is Asp.net MVC 4.5