Joomla! is an award-winning content management system (CMS) written in PHP, which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
Joomla is the new generation of Mambo and fixed a bunch of bugs & security leaks. Joomla is compatible with both windows hosting and linux hosting. There're various ways to deploy Joomla to windows IIS or any other web server which support php & mysql.
What's good of Joomla?
- User Management – Joomla registration system has nine user groups with various types of permissions
- Media Manager – easily managing media files or folders and you can configure the MIME type settings to handle any type of file
- Language Manager – multiple languages are possible
- Content Management – You can organize your content any way you want and how it will be on your Web site
- Extensibility – based on open source, over thousands of free and commercial plugins available from official and non-official download sites.
- And more!..
What's the Joomla hosting requirement?
Latest version Joomla will require PHP 5.2+ and MySQL 5.0.4+. Just like many other free CMS, performance is the first consideration since it's really not a problem for any hosting provider to support joomla.
TOP Joomla Hosting providers
Hostgator is fully Joomla hosting compatible. Just few clicks away to have joomla installed and make it live! With great performance and fantastic customer support, your joomla site result in complete success.
Check Hostgator Joomla Hosting Plans http://www.Hostgator.com
Top and reliable Joomla hosting provider, If you're going to host high traffic ecommerce website and wish excellent customer support, Arvixe is on top list. Free joomla installer and 24×7 technical support.
Check Arvixe Joomla hosting features http://www.arvixe.com
Please check out the linux hosting page for more other excellent providers
Why They are Rated Best Joomla Hosting?
We name Arvixe & Hostgator the Best Joomla Hosting in 2013 based real user experience and overal service features. Above 2 web hosts offer hosting service with many great features solely for Joomla website hosting purpose, such as:
- 100% Compatible Joomla hosting
- PHP memory_limit is set to be 64MB or higher
- PHP run as suPHP for increased Joomla security
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- World Class data center with powerful than normal web servers
- Fast & responsive customer support.
What makes up a good Joomla hosting provider?
1. LAMP environment – LAMP stands for Linux + Apache + Mysql + PHP, since joomla has better performance on Linux server and less technical issues. LAMP is highly suggested not only for it's popularity but also for money saving purpose. Since windows hosting always cost us more, the open sourced linux is always much cheaper.
2. Friendly control panel – A good control panel always save you time and reduce security leaks. Good control panel is followed by.
3. Affordable service – The best joomla hosting plan cost should be less than $5/mo for shared service. Based the huge competition and fast tech development, the cost is actually more and more less.
4. Leading hosting features – A good joomla hosting service always provides lots of leading features to support a successful joomla website. Some crucial features like disk space, data transfer and database support etc must be offered for good deals.
5. Auto installation – Although joomla installation is a joy, A good joomla hosting provider should always come with the auto installation service. Its extremely useful to start users. You can find more on this auto installer script page to check more.
6. Leading Uptime and support – As long as you put a website online you never hope to see a downtime, 100% uptime is impossible but a good hosting provider should guarantee at least 99% uptime and offer 24 x 7 live support whenever you got into any issues with the service.
More about Joomla Hosting
As we know of the joomla requirements for hosting server, we can setup it pretty easy for most hosting providers either for linux or windows hosting. Based the fast server technologies, there's almost no difference between windows and linux platforms. The joomla setup can be done via few clicks away by most hosting service. Joomla has been used for all type of website solutions by small business to large corporations. You can use joomla core framework to develop any website with more than 4000 free and commercial extensions and thousands of templates. The Joomla friendly structures and simple administration interface make it easy to use without too much programming skills.