Joomla! is an award-winning content management system (CMS) written in PHP, which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
Joomla is the new generation of Mambo and fixed a bunch of bugs & security leaks. Joomla is compatible with both windows hosting and linux server environment as long as php/mysql is configured.
Core Feature of Joomla
- User Management – Joomla registration system has nine user groups with different permissions
- Media Manager – easily managing media files or folders and you can configure the MIME type settings to handle any type file
- Language Manager – multiple languages are possible
- Content Management – You can organize your content any way you want and how it will be on your web site
- Extensibility – based on open source, over thousands of free and commercial plugins available from official and non-official download sites.
Best Joomla Hosting Review
Joomla requires PHP 5.2+ and MySQL 5.0.4+. Just like many other CMS, performance is real consideration as the software can be supported by every hosting provider. We have been working on joomla since 1.24 with multiple hosting service, we highly recommend following two brands based editorial reviews on hosting feature, performance, support etc.
The best joomla hosting provider with 100% compatible. Besides common support like one click installation and ease of use control panel. Inmotion Hosting sponsors joomla project directly! The company has a group of joomla developers that work on joomla projects. They optimized hosting server side by side based their development experience and provide more than enough server resource to make sure your joomla site is always accessible and fast! The 90 day full money back guarantee simply makes the purchase worry free.
Check Inmotion Joomla Hosting Plans http://www.InmotionHosting.com
The most developer friendly hosting for joomla. No matter if you just want to do simple hosting or development, Arvixe provides side by side support via multiple rich feature plans. Besides regular hosting support, you also get development suggestions from the arvixe professionals because they're developers! Hosting starts at $2.8/mo for two years registration with 60 days full money back guarantee.
Check Arvixe Joomla hosting features http://www.Arvixe.com
Why They are Rated Best Joomla Hosting?
We name Arvixe & Inmotion the Best Joomla Hosting based our continous working experience with them. We review side by side on plan features, server performance, security and customer support to make sure everything is top on other hosting providers.
Plan features: Their developer friendly hosting plans provide more than enough required features to support any size joomla website. General leading features such as SSD drive, SSH service, Development support etc are simple the best from the industry. Each plan provides a free domain name transfer/registration plus unlimited usage of major services like disk and mysql database.
Performance: They both have data centers from multiple georgraphy locations. CDN or cloud technologies are pre-configured to ensure the shortest time response. The dell servers are setup with max available resources.
Security: Servers are setup via RAID10 disk with both hardware/software security installation to ensure space is safe and clean. On data center, there're powerful antivirus and anti-attack configuration. Each data center provides advanced cooling and alarm system to make sure each server is in healthy state.
Support: Their people are running 24*7 on different locations of the country from multiple support channels like chat, phone call and ticket system. They're also active in joomla development communities to answer questions directly. Because their people are joomla developers, we can get professional and useful suggestions in configuring our website. They have plenty of video tutorials & faq knowledge base to fix common problems before we have to get a live support.
What makes up a good Joomla hosting provider?
1. LAMP environment – LAMP stands for Linux + Apache + Mysql + PHP, since joomla has better performance on Linux server and less technical issues. LAMP is highly suggested not only for it's popularity but also for money saving purpose. Since windows hosting always cost us more, the open sourced linux is always much cheaper.
2. Friendly control panel – A good control panel always save you time and reduce security leaks. Good control panel is followed by.
3. Affordable service – The best joomla hosting plan cost should be less than $5/mo for shared service. Based the huge competition and fast tech development, the cost is actually more and more less.
4. Leading hosting features – A good joomla hosting service always provides lots of leading features to support a successful joomla website. Some crucial features like disk space, data transfer and database support etc must be offered for good deals.
5. Auto installation – Although joomla installation is a joy, A good joomla hosting provider should always come with the auto installation service. Its extremely useful to start users. You can find more on this auto installer script page to check more.
6. Leading Uptime and support – As long as you put a website online you never hope to see a downtime, 100% uptime is impossible but a good hosting provider should guarantee at least 99% uptime and offer 24 x 7 live support whenever you got into any issues with the service.
More about Joomla Hosting
As we know of the joomla requirements for hosting server, we can setup it pretty easy for most hosting providers either for linux or windows hosting. Based the fast server technologies, there's almost no difference between windows and linux platforms. The joomla setup can be done via few clicks away by most hosting service.
Joomla has been used for all type of website solutions by small business to large corporations. You can use joomla core framework to develop any website with more than 4000 free and commercial extensions and thousands of templates. The Joomla friendly structures and simple administration interface make it easy to use without too much programming skills.