Visual studio introduction
Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. You can develop Asp.net applications in both native code together with managed code for all platforms supported by Microsoft Windows. Using Visual studio you can take advantages of all available programming skills for professional and secure application development
Visual studio is only supported by window web hosting with .net support. Once your development is finished, you need to publish to live server. If the server side is lack of necessary support, the publish will be failed. In order to host your VS developed website properly, you must get a professional hosting service that's fully compatible with visual studio technologies.
Best Visual Studio Web Hosting
From editorial experience and years of visual studio development, The best visual studio web hosting awards locates at Arvixe.com – one of the best hosting providers from any side comparison. Since 2003, arvixe has been offerring world class asp.net web hosting services for medium to large business websites. Arvixe provides fully Visual studio compatible hosting plans with following advantages
- Unlimited Visual studio App support
- Multiple domain hosting plus one FREE domain for life
- 24/7 professional supporve for VS technologies
- Unlimited email & databases support
- Fully compatible with Visual studio 2003 ~ 2012
- Fully compatible with Asp.net 2.0 ~ 4.5
- 99.9% uptime and 60 day money back guarantee
- Only $5/mon plus 20% discount
- >>More features
Visit www.Arvixe.com for visual studio web hosting plan details
What really makes arvixe visual studio web hosting outstanding is their super stable server performance and great feature offer to developer. As long as your request does not bring server disaster, their people will try to satisfy your needs. They provide remote IIS manager support so people can setup lots of IIS configuration by themselves instead using a single hosting control panel.
More about Visual Studio
Visual Studio supports lots of built-in languages including C/C++ (via Visual C++), VB.NET (via Visual Basic .NET), and C# (via Visual C#). From the very first VS 2003 to the latest 2012, Visual studio is the best choice for professional asp.net application development.
In order to publish your visual studio developed site to hosting space you need to have frontpage server extension installed on the site before windows server 2012. For the latest VS 2012, you need to download the windows web deploy from this IIS page.
Features of VS 2012
- Search Everywhere
- Asynchronous Programming Support
- Portable Libraries
- ASP.NET 4.5 Support
- Project Compatibility
- Revamped User Interface
- App Store Publishing
- LightSwitch is included
More About Visual Studio Hosting
When we say visual studio hosting, it doesn't mean the hosting server must have visual studio installed, instead, the server must meet the minimum requirements for running an visual studio web application. For quick start, the hosting end must have the following pre-configured
- Asp.net – The hosting server must have Asp.net 2.0 ~ 4.5 support. If you're running visual studio 2012, .net4.5 is a must.
- SQL server – When you putup a live Asp.net website, mostly it will communicate with SQL Server database for data transition. The hosting server must support SQL 2005 at least, Since visual studio works with sql 2008, hosting sql server 2008 is best choice.
- Web service – the hosting server must support web services
- multiple websites – In case you need to host several projects under different domains, multiple root websites support is ideal choice
- 99% uptime- uptime is most important once your website is online, 99% uptime is minimum guarantee for hosting server
In order to be visual studil web hosting friendly. The hosting server must be compatible with multiple asp.net frameworks with various deployment solutions. They should also offer good tutorials on how to use this service properly. Just check if their service is configured on latest server platform because latest tech support will always be available there.