Silverlight Brief Introduction
Silverlight is a powerful development platform for creating engaging, interactive user experiences for Web and mobile applications. Silverlight is a free plug-in, powered by the .NET framework and compatible with multiple browsers, devices and operating systems. Developers can easily use Express studio and visual studio for RIA(Rich Interface Application) development. The result of silverlight is to bring us more solutions for advanced web development other than flash when creating interactive user interface.
Silverlight web hosting service is configured throughsupport and enabled by default for IIS 7.0 and above versions.
Best Silverlight Web Hosting
Arvixe.com is awarded the best silverlight web hosting choice with side by side support for silverlight and latest asp.net technologies. With the strongest hosting server and top hosting control panel, your silverlight website will come with 100% success. Arvixe silverlight hosting comes with following core features.
- Unlimited space / bandwidth
- OneFREE domain registration for life
- 24/7 tech support for silverlight apps
- Unlimited domains & databases support
- Fully compatible with silverlight 3 ~ 5
- Fully compatible with Asp.net 2.0 ~ 4.5 frameworks
- 99.9% uptime and 60 day money back guarantee
- Hosting fee as cheap as $5/mon
Go to www.Arvixe.com for silverlight web hosting plan features!
Why Arvixe is the best silverlight web hosting choice ?
Arvixe is rated the best hosting for silverlight support because the purchase the newest server hardware production and windows OS to serve asp.net clients. All newly signed up accounts will be placed on the latest windows server 2012 for best performance. Their asp.net hosting plans support all available frameworks with all needed configuration on IIS manager. You also get remote iis access to customize your website setup. Because every customer account will be located in dedicated application pool, your website will not be affected by other website failure.
Besides the leading setup on hosting server, arvixe support team is pretty knowlegeable over silverlight apps and available 24×7 in multiple channels such as live chat, email and tickets. If your silverlight applications fails with their service, they will provide solution in earliest time.
More about Silverlight Hosting
When you search for the correct silverlight hosting service, some basic rules you can check from below
- Asp.net compatibility – The hosting server must have Asp.net 2.0 ~ 4.0 support. If you're running visual studio 2010, .net4.0 is a must.
- SQL server support – When you putup a live Asp.net website, mostly it will communicate with SQL Server database for data transition. The hosting server must support SQL 2005 at least, Since it's already sql 2012 by microsoft, hosting sql server 2012 is best choice.
- MIME Type – Silverlight applications require MIME type configuration on IIS, The hosting server must support custom MIME type setting.
- Multiple websites – In case you need to host several projects under different domains, multiple root websites support is ideal choice
- 99% uptime- uptime is most important once your website is online, 99% uptime is minimum guarantee for hosting server
- Control panel – A user friendly hosting control panel will save your work time, As for silverlight, we highly recommend Websitepanel and Plesk.
With all up to date technologies support by web hosting providers, many service would be able to support silverlight. However what you really need pay attention to is the service quality such as server specs, trust level settings, tech support etc. A decent silverlight supported hosting should be configured with latest server OS and hardware specs. Also, the server speed must be competitive fast with 99% uptime at least.
More about Silverlight Technology
The latest silverlight is version 5. New features in Silverlight 5 include Hardware Decode of H.264 media, which provides a significant performance improvement with decoding of unprotected content using the GPU. Silverlight 5 extends the 'Trusted Application' model to the browser too. Take a quick look over the feature list below
- 3D support
- Application-Restricted Media
- PivotViewer support
- Save File and Open File Dialog
- Multicore JIT
- Multiple window support
- Full-Trust in-browser
- Unrestricted File System Access