Tomcat is a web server project by Apache group. It's most well known as Apache Tomcat or Jakarta Tomcat. Apache Tomcat is an open source software implementation of the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages technologies. It is intended to be a collaboration of the best-of-breed developers from around the world. Tomcat implements the Java Servlet and the JavaServer Pages (JSP) specifications from Sun Microsystems, and provides a "pure Java" HTTP web server environment for Java code to run.
Best Tomcat Hosting Provider
Tomcat web server is mostly available from VPS and above hosting solutions where people have root permission to configure system level services. For shared tomcat web hosting, arvixe and mochahost are the best by editorial experience. No matter if you are concerned for price or quality, you can find perfect solutions from the two web hosts.
For a cheap and reliable tomcat web hosting, Mochahost is the best choice. The mochahost service is fully tomcat compatible with low priced plans. The Mochahost tomcat hosting features go as following:
- Full support frameworks and applications such as Sping, Struts, JSF, Hibernate, JavaMail and all popular applications!
- Heap size max memory sets to 1024MB(1GB) which is more than enough for any type JSP web applications
- Tomcat restart tool available in you hosting control panel.
- Hosting fee starts $2.45/mon! 30 days money back guarantee and 180 days risk free!
Mochahost offers multiple tomcat hosting plans vary with your different hosting requirements. Via the start plan you are hosted under shared JVM while it's private from uppler plans. Mochahost even got windows server support for tomcat if you're not comfortable with linux!
Visit www.Mochahost.com and check tomcat hosting plan details
Looking for enterprise class tomcat hosting plan? Arvixe is the best choice for its powerful server setup and rich feature hosting plans. Priced at $9/mo you will be hosted on a dedicated tomcat hosting server where you can take full advantages of the service with private JVM support.
Unlike all other cheap solutions, the arvixe tomcat hosting focus on performance and security. There're not too many tomcat hosting providers who can setup the service as dedicated on hosting server. If you need high performance and secure web server, arvixe will be the best choice.
Go to www.Arvixe.com/linux_hosting for tomcat hosting details
What's good of Tomcat?
- Open source – Tomcat is open sourced project and you can fully recompile the package in the way you prefered. Especially for intranet server setup, IT technicians can easily setup a secure and high performance web server.
- Great Support – The Tomcat development introduced SUN technologies and it's been going to perfect from each release.There's big support community where developers are very active.
- Low system requirements – Tomcat is a light weight web server and little system resource consumption generated when running.
- Scalability – Tomcat is the best choice for JSP script debug, every programmer will be able to customize tomcat server to meet the actual development requirements.
The current tomcat release is 7.xx with multiple components for different development requirements.
Apache tomcat official: http://tomcat.apache.org/