Godaddy is the world's largest domain registrar and one of the most profitable web hosting companies. As for the godaddy CEO Bob Parsons, his life and story is a legend among all others. Parsons has driven the expansion of Go Daddy's core business beyond domain names, to include website hosting, secure SSL certificates and email accounts. Go Daddy is a one-stop shop for domain names, websites and everything* in between.
Bob Parsons Stories
Parsons joined the U.S. Marine Corps during the Vietnam War and received the Combat Action Ribbon, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry and a Purple Heart Medal. Upon his return, Parsons enrolled in the University of Baltimore where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. He is a Certified Public Accountant.
The name Godaddy is named very late since from the first business of parsons. He firstly started a software comapny in 1984 and reach over $100 million revenue per year, after years development, bob sold the coporation in 1994 and foundedJomax Technologies in 1997. With the fast growing business, bob renamed the company to Godaddy in 1999 and become an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar in the next year.
Go Daddy currently registers, renews or transfers a domain name more than every second of every day, has more than 8.8 million customers worldwide, manages more than 45 million domain names and employs nearly 3,000 people. Go Daddy is also the #1 Web host provider in the world with more than 4 million active hosting accounts.
The best benefit bob provided to people is his bob 16 rules as below
- 1. Get and stay out of your comfort zone.
- 2. Never give up.
- 3. When you're ready to quit, you're closer than you think.
- 4. With regard to whatever worries you, not only accept the worst thing that could happen, but make it a point to quantify what the worst thing could be.
- 5. Focus on what you want to have happen.
- 6. Take things a day at a time.
- 7. Always be moving forward.
- 8. Be quick to decide.
- 9. Measure everything of significance.
- 10. Anything that is not managed will deteriorate.
- 11. Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you're doing.
- 12. Never let anybody push you around.
- 13. Never expect life to be fair.
- 14. Solve your own problems.
- 15. Don't take yourself too seriously.
- 16. There's always a reason to smile.
More info about bob can be found on his personal bloghttp://www.bobparsons.me