Wordpress & B2evolution Reviews
WordPress – an outstanding and opensourced blog software with user friendly design. With years development, wordpress is more than a blog but a CMS solution for any website setup, more and more people are dedicated for wordpress skin & plugin development for life earning. Even more, over 12% of the world's top 100,0000 websites are wordpress based. Hundreds of plugins are available for wordpress site creation and optimization, no matter if you want to launch a personal blog or enterprise website, wordpress can be always used as the backend.
B2evolution – One of the oldest blog systems written in php mysql. It provides all necessary functions for blog platform. Simple installation is applied for single site and multi-blog purpose. The b2evolution provides very clean admin panel and a WYSIWYG editor for people to post more professionally.
Wordpress vs B2evolution
wordpress and b2evolution, which is better? Well, it's hard to say which is better depends your skills. Personally I prefer to wordpress, here're main comparisons between them:
- Site structure – Needless to say, wordpress is more clear and simple, you can judge from the file names directly to determine what it's used for and edit it directly to reflect changes on your website. B2evolution is more complex for start user and has a larger package size. you have to spend more time to learn from.
- Backend Admin – WordPress has only few links on admin panel including all functions to manage your wordpress site, the drag and drop "widget" helps you customize your site layout in few seconds and looks quite professional. By install a new plugin, you have a search box to get the right plugin names and install everything by "one click". B2evolution performs not so excellent from above features and actually you have to learn some documentations before using it.
- Website URLs – This is referring to the "permalinks" setting, a good website URL is more SEO friendly (static URL), from wordpress admin panel you can determine what kind of permalinks to show up on your website without having to learn the complicated technical stuff, it will auto generate .htaccess rules and place it to your website root.
- User friendly – From all above explanation and comparison, wordpress is definitely more user friendly. Especially to start users, you don't have to deal with the technical stuff but just by applying new themes and plugins to putup a professional blog site. You can always customize your wordpress site without any negative effect to your main website.
- Development resource – WordPress wins. WordPress is developed by thousands of team and personal programmers. There're tons of free themes/plugins from both wordpress official directory or third party sites. Thus we can easily find a good solution to meet our website requirement. But b2evolution only provide limited theme/plugin resource and not supported by so many communities.
Conclusion: No matter if you're newbie or experienced webmaster, wordpress is your primary choice for blog setup. WordPress is also ideal option if you're going to put up enterprise website by using a nice theme.
Best WordPress Hosting
Wordpress has no special requirements to hosting server but only php mysql. For fast and secure wordpress hosting, we highly recommend arvixe.com to host your wordpress site. You may also find some other good ones but only god can tell if they're acquired by someone or not.
Arvixe is famous name in the industry and pretty care customer feedbacks. Arvixe is outstanding for cheap and prefessional hosting services. Arvixe wordpress hosting comes with following core features
- Unlimited space and bandwidth
- Free domain registration and multiple domains hosting
- Standard cpanel hosting with unlimited mysql database
- 24 x 7 preffesional customer support
- Only $4/mon with up to 60 days money back guarantee!
More about Blog
Blog is the most popular stuff on the internet, it's also the most efficient method for people's interaction. For website newbie, blog is also the best platform to putup a website quickly and make posts. In this article we'll discuss the most popular blog softwares and help find which one is the best.
Generally speaking, most blog websites are php mysql based applications, this is because it works under the most affordable hosting environment – Linux. Both the linux system and the blog software itself are mainly open sourced and free, this greatly reduced the fee for webmaster to launch a website. If you're going to host a blog site, wordpress is highly suggested choice.