DashCommerce is an e-Commerce Application. Built using some of the latest technologies, dashCommerce is focused on providing a robust e-commercce application that is stable and highly usable. In addition, the dashCommerce community is one of the most active communities in the open source / .NET space. DashCommerce has been available since early 2008 and has been used in countless online stores and is wildly successful.Open Source
Dashcommerce Hosting Requirements
Windows XP Pro or Higher
Internet Information Service (IIS)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (Minimum)
ASP.NET AJAX Extensions 3.0
Dashcommerce core features
- Order Notification System (email)
- Configurable Tax Rates and Shipping rates
- Drop-In Themes / Skinning
- Drop-In Configurable Shipping providers
- Configurable Content Management System (unlimited pages)
- Compatible with multiple Payment gateways
Best Dashcommerce Hosting provider
Arvixe.com is awarded the best dashcommerce hosting for both tech compatibility and server uptime. Arvixe is also one of the best Asp.net hosting provider with fully support over lots of popular asp.net projects like Nopcommerce, Dotnetnuke, Asp.net staterkits etc. With Arvixe Asp.net hosting plan you get unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth and unlimited Sql Server database. Their hosting is backend by a professional team that has years experience in Asp.net development.
Dashcommerce related articles and resources
- Dashcommerce Official site
- Dashcommerce Forum
- Dashcommerce Blog
- Dashcommerce free skin
- Dashcommerce Hosting
Dashcommerce vs Nopcommerce
Both Dashcommerce and Nopcommerce are top rated .net e-commerce packages and there's always comparison between them, so which package is better?
- Code project – Open source feature is for both projects, but definitely nopcommerce update more frequently while dashcommerce almost stopped updating these days
- Structures – If you have compared the package structure on your website, you will found dashcommerce is much easier and clean, dashcommerce is ideal choice for start user and nopcommerce is definitely better for a large and professional ecommerce solution
- Support – Although both official sites setup a discussion forum but definitely nopcommerce doing better and much more famous to people. Since dashcommerce almost stopped the update, there's less and less support available.
Dashcommerce team almost stopped the software further development and support. If you check their official site you should have found there's no newer version update since from the first release. On the other hand, nopcommerce is supported by a huge community and updated frequently for bug fix and new features development. Powered by lots of modules/templates, you can create any kind store site using this platform. From web hosting side, many providers even highlight their service by supporting nopcommerce.
Conclusion, if you're going to setup a large e-commerce store and wish to get fast and professional support, nopcommerce is your better choice. Read Nopcommerce review.