DotNetNuke Hosting Overview
DotNetNuke is the leading Web Content Management Platform for Microsoft .NET, it's designed to allow non-technical users to create and edit content and add custom features and personalize their web site look and feel. powering more than 600,000 web sites worldwide. Whenever you need a content management system (CMS) for your personal web site or for a Fortune 500 company, DotNetNuke is always a perfect solution that fits your needs.
The DotNetNuke Corporation offers two DNN editions with premium functionality and technical support options. The DotNetNuke Professional Edition was introduced in February 2009 with version 4.9 and the most recent version 7.04 was released on March 6 2013 with both community and professional Editions.
Best DotNetNuke Hosting Providers
After worked with over 10 reputableweb hosting service, we compiled a list of the best DotNetNuke hosting based on DotNetNuke tech support, Friendly hosting control panel, Server performance and security etc.
Arvixe Dot Net Nuke Hosting plan starts from $5.00/mo. This includes Unlimied mssql 2012 databases, Unlimited disk space and Unlimited monthly data transfer. 24/7 live chat, Toll free phone and Ticket support, 99.9% uptime, 60 days money back guarantee! Plus, if you register yearly you will be rewarded 20% discount automatically from check out!
Visit www.arvixe.com for dotnetnuke hosting plans!
Hostgator Green Hosting Plan is fully DNN compatible. Hostgator DNN plan offers unlimited space, unlimited bandwidth and unlimited SQL Server database. HG team took enterprise grade technology and built it into a secure redundant and clustered Windows web site hosting platform that makes it easy to build a great website. Just $4.96/mo plus 25% discount using hostgator coupon "review25off"
Midphase DNN hosting plan offers Unlimited disk space /bandwidth. FREE Domain /Setup. Starts from $5.95/month for 3 years registration. Midphase is famous for it's reliability and performance but not just offers everything unlimited. You get what you pay, midphase guarantees 99% uptime and 30 days full money back.
Visit www.midphase.com for DNN hosting plans!
Why they're best DNN hosting providers?
They're rated through our years' working experience with lots of asp.net hosting providers. They're outstanding among all other providers on the following check points
1. Fast DNN deployment You can get DNN website running with any above providers in just few minutes. Their control panel already implemented Dotnetnuke auto installer with up to date stable versions. Just few clicks away and it will setup website files /backend database etc automatically. Absolutely hassle free!
2. Easy Asp.net management You are able to use multiple .net frameworks directly via hosting control panel. The common tasks such as .net version selection, .net app configuration and trust level settings etc can be easily managed centrally.
3. Leading server platforms They're all prepared with windows server 2008/2012 with latest hardware production. Furthermore, they always keep updated with newest microsoft updates and offer the newest tech support.
4. Affordable service While it's pretty expensive to setup a a windows server, most aspnet hosting plans starts at $10/mo. Above brands be able to set a lower price with lots of leading offers. Furthermore, you can always upgrade for higher hosting solutions in case your dnn site got pretty good growth.
What's DotNetNuke Hosting requirement?
Dotnetnuke Server side requirement is very simple: Windows hosting, IIS with asp.net support and SQL server, thus there're many web hosting providers be able to support DNN, however the bottleneck is performance especially on sql server performance. So choosing a good windows hosting provider is most important for a live production dnn website.
What makes up a good DNN Hosting?
1. Friendly control panel – The control panel should be able to accomplish the common tasks for DNN setup and management such as Asp.net management, database management. Best DNN hosting control panel goes to websitepanel and Plesk which are recognized the standards of asp.net hosting.
2. Server reliability – A good dnn hosting provider should have keep alive feature enabled in order to speed up the site loading. They should have a server professional team for 24×7 server monitoring and ready for urgent maintenance. The hosting server must be fully optimized to working with DNN site for best loading.
What most important is they don't over sale their space!
3. Customer support – 24 x 7 live support should be included as default by dnn professionals. No matter from live chat support or ticket support, you should be able to get a person for problem reporting.
DotNetNuke Hosting Benefits
DNN is mainly used by asp.net developers and dnn skinners. It's also perfect choice for novice who would like to learn about asp.net programming or to be skilled with .net cms use purpose. DNN is now actually a good market that many people are make living of it. It's an outstanding platform for many development purpose.
- Customizable: Powered by Modules/Skins. The look and feel of individual sites can be customized in many ways. You can use DNN for enterprise website creation, shopping cart, blog, forum and almost all kind website purpose.
- Flexible: The default functionality of DotNetNuke can be expanded by adding third-party modules. You can also make further development to fulfill your needs.
- Open source: DotNetNuke is provided free, as open-source software, and licensed under a standard BSD agreement. Developers or users be able to do whatever they wish with the application.
Need professional support? Dotnetnuke has great online support resources that're managed by both dnn users and developers. Most problems can be solved via forum threads. Professional dnn support resources including: