What should we expect from the best sql server hosting service? High performance and affordable costs would be primary concern. However, there're multiple other points to check with based professional reviews. For any reason, the Hosting SQL Server should be independent from web server or else the performance can not be guaranteed, no matter if it's SQL express or full version SQL Server database, you should always go with the hosting provider who have dedicated sql servers.
How Do We Rate The Best SQL Server Hosting?
All sql server hosting providers in above list are currently offering the latest sql server edition with unbeatable features & outstanding tech support. We review side by side over sql server plan features, price, performance on test projects and tech support responsibility. Brands in above list are all certified Microsoft golden partners in windows technologies and come with industry standard offers/management tools. Furthermore, their affordable service will not force you to increase the investment in hosting service. You can enjoy leading service with less cost with them today!
SQL Server Introduction
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational model database server produced by Microsoft. Its primary query languages are T-SQL and ANSI SQL. There're total of three versions released includes: SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2012; Each version has 3 popular editions: Express edition, standard edition, enterprise edition. SQL 2012 is by far the most powerful & efficient SQL server instance.
What's New in SQL Server 2008?
There are many significant features introduced in SQL Server 2008. Enterprise Data Platform, Dynamic Development, Beyond Relational Database, and Pervasive Insight and also the following:
Encryption – Transparent Data Encryption, which enables an entire database to be encrypted. Backup Encryption for secure database maintenance. And lastly External Key Management.
- Auditing of data changes.
- Data Compression for Fact Table size reduction.
Resource Governor – The Resource Governor can be used to trigger an event or stop a runaway or resource intensive process.
Performance Data – There is a new Performance Dashboard tool that can read saved performance data. In addition, there are new reports, monitoring, and tuning options.
Full detailed feature can be found on this Microsoft page
What makes up a good SQL Server Hosting?
1. Windows 2008/2012 – A good SQL Server hosting should always come with the latest windows technologies. Since windows server 2012 is the most powerful system, SQL Server can't work better without it's support. SQL server 2008 should also be provided for optional choice.
2. Friendly control panel – A good control panel should include the common tasks to operate a sql server database such as database creation, database backup and restore as well as online management. Good control panel is followed by Websitepanel & Plesk.
3. Up to 7 days daily backup – Backup from hosting end is quite important in case your database got serious problems.
4. Uptime and customer support – Uptime is absolutely most important for a database, a good hosting provider should guarantee at least 99% uptime and offer 24 x 7 live support whenever you got into any issues with the service.
More about SQL Server Hosting
SQL Server Hosting service is offered in multiple ways including:
- Dedicated SQL Server hosting – you get a dedicated server and install sql server by yourself. You're responsible for server security and maintenance etc. You have to fix most problems by yourself too.
- Managed SQL Server – It comes with the services of a virtual database administrator where you’re dealing with a team of DBAs. They have the skills over side by side support for sql server database.
- A virtual SQL Server in the cloud – Known as DAAS (Database as a service). It comes with top performance and uptime guarantee, The cloud hosting server will ensure the database is up in case some hardware failure in the group.
- Microsoft SQL Data Services (formerly SSDS) – this is completely different from everything above. You’re not opening up SQL Server Management Studio and firing off T-SQL queries. Instead, Microsoft SDS only accepts queries via SOAP/REST web services, which means it’s really targeted at programmers, not DBAs. The advantage is that it’s really cheap.
- Amazon SimpleDB or similar non-database – like SQL Data Services, Amazon SimpleDB takes a whole different approach and uses databases without a real schema.
Still have question in selecting the right sql server hosting provider? Contact us for instant support and our professionals will give you custom suggestions!