IIS Brief Introduction
Internet Information Services (IIS) – formerly called Internet Information Server – is a web server developped by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows. It is also the second mostly used web server behind Apache. Till present, it serves 24.47% of all internet websites according to Netcraft statistics. The protocols supported in IIS 8.5 include: FTP, FTPS, SMTP, NNTP, and HTTP/HTTPS.
IIS has been developped since IIS4.0, IIS5.0, IIS6.0, IIS7.0 and IIS8.5 is the latest version. What interesting is the Microsoft official website is hosted on IIS6.0
Best IIS Web Hosting
IIS is standard web server for all windows hosting service. Thus we have a wide range choice among different providers. Our professional team has been working with IIS since version 5.1 from different hosters. A lot of popular names were disappeared for various reason. Based our continous working experience and evaluation, we highly recommend the following for guaranteed service.
Advanced IIS hosting provider with rich feature hosting plans. Arvixe provides advanced server technologies and super friendly customer support. All IIS hosting plans come with unlimited Disk Space, dedicated application pool, ASP.NET MVC, MS SQL Server & Mysql support with up to 60 Days full Money Back Guarantee!
Check out www.Arvixe.com for IIS hosting plan details
Trusted by over 200000 websites for dedicated windows technologies support. Winhost is 100% windows based hosting with latest .net technologies support. We have choice of IIS7/8 according to project requirements. Every hosting plan provides available tech features on IIS manager and remote connection is supported!
Check out IIS hositng plans at www.Winhost.com
Why are They Best IIS Hosting providers?
Both arvixe and winhost are leading choice for IIS hosting service. They're microsoft certified hosting providers with development support in the community. Their iis hosting plans are setup with leading features for high customer satisfication. Their low cost iis hosting plans come with side by side support for IIS features includingmanagement, iis remote manager and all development facilities. You can deploy a site to their service in any available way in quick time.
- Dedicated Application Pool support
- IIS Manager for Remote Admin support
- Full accessibility to IIS
- ASP .NET 2.0 ~ 4.5 compatible
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012 Hosting
- 99.9% uptime 100% satisfication
What really matters is their no stop improvement. During the past years, they have been optimizing the service on many sides. Either for server performance or customer service, their people are trying to be the most competitive provider in this business. You don't have to learn extra in order to be familiar with their hosting service because everything is pretty streight and you can use IIS manager to control most website stuff.
IIS Outstanding Features
Newest IIS 8 can be deployed on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, it is built on a modular architecture. Modules, also called extensions, can be added or removed individually thus you can easily decide what modules to be installed in order to make use of the server most efficiently. By removing unnecessary modules, you will reduce the server’s attack surface and memory footprint. You also eliminate the need to manage features that are unnecessary for your sites and applications.
IIS 8.0 is popularly offered via server 2012 for it's leading performance and security enhancement. Actually, all leading hosting providers have switched to this platform to meet with the development requirements.
What makes up a good IIS Hosting?
1. Server Specification – As for hosting platform, it must be windows server 2008 at least instead of other windows versions. By configuring server 2008, you should have the following features added:
- IIS 7 and IIS 8.0 support
- ASP.NET 2.0 ~ 4.5 support
- ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET routing engine
- WCF, Silverlight and LINQ
2. Powerful Control panel -The control panel should be able to accomplish all the common tasks such as IIS hostheader, script map, custom error page etc. Good control panel is followed by Dotnetpanel, Plesk.
3. Customer support – 24 x 7 live customer support is absolutely required for a good IIS hosting provider.
4. Uptime guarantee – At least 99% uptime guarantee should be offered to ensure your business is always online. Only if your website is online, you can make further business and be profitable.
Since there're hundreds of iis web hosting providers with various offer, it's not an easy task to determine the best one. Our initial start is actually from windows server and learnt the exact server end setup & service configuration via one of the most reputable windows hosting providers. We understand the business trick and how to evaluate a service in quick time. Our recommendations on this page is rated through our live experience over 8 years with worry free.