IIS Hosting Introduction
Internet Information Services (IIS) – formerly called Internet Information Server – is a web server developped by Microsoft for Microsoft Windows. It is the second mostly used web server behind Apache Server. Till present, it served 24.47% of all websites on the Internet according to Netcraft statistics. The protocols supported in IIS 7.5 include: FTP, FTPS, SMTP, NNTP, and HTTP/HTTPS.
IIS earlier versions includes IIS4.0, IIS5.0, IIS6.0 and IIS6.0 is the most stable/secure version before IIS7, Microsoft official website is IIS6 based.
Best IIS7 Hosting providers
Arvixe is advanced IIS Hosting provider. Advanced server technologies and customer support. IIS hosting plan come with Unlimited Disk Space, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Websites, IIS with URL-Rewrite, ASP.NET MVC Framework, Classic ASP, PHP 5.x, Perl, FFmpeg. Unlimited MSSQL & Mysql Databases, Unlimited FTP Access. 100% Satisfaction Promise, 60 Days Money Back Guarantee!
Check out www.arvixe.com for IIS hosting plan details
Hostgator – Trusted by over 9000000 customers and Top 10 Hosting provider, The IIS7 hosting plan offers Unlimited Web Storage / Bandwidth. Unlimited Email / FTP Accounts. Windows Server 2008 / IIS 7.0, Unlimited MySQL Databases. Free Domain Name Included. Host unlimited Domains. Complete Site Building Tools. $50 Google and facebook Credits. 45 day full money back guarantee!
Check out IIS hositng plan details at www.hostgator.com
Why They're Best IIS Hosting providers?
Both arvixe and Hostgator are leading choice for windows hosting service. They're microsoft certified hosting providers for leading hosting features and customer satisfication. By offering low cost iis hosting plans, they come with side by side support for IIS features includingmanagement, iis remote manager and lots of related technical aspects like
- Dedicated Application Pool support
- IIS Manager for Remote Admin support
- Full accessibility to IIS
- ASP .NET 2.0 ~ 4.5 compatible
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012 Hosting
- 99.9% uptime 100% satisfication
Besides, their service is pretty standard via websitepanel & Plesk. You don't have to learn extra in order to be familiar with their hosting. If you're pretty familiar with IIS management, you can use iis manager to connect to the GUI settings directly for quick modification. Not all iis hosting providers be able to offer this feature for security concerns. If you are in need of such support, they're absolutely the best choice till present.
IIS7 Outstanding Features
IIS 7 can be deployed on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, it is built on a modular architecture. Modules, also called extensions, can be added or removed individually thus you can easily decide what modules to be installed in order to make use of the server most efficiently. By removing unnecessary modules, you will reduce the server’s attack surface and memory footprint. You also eliminate the need to manage features that are unnecessary for your sites and applications. With IIS7 "Remote Admin" you can connect to remote IIS server from local IIS console to make configurations directly.
IIS 8.0 is also popularly offered via server 2012 for it's leading performance and security enhancement. Actually, all leading hosting providers have switched to this platform to meet with the development requirements.
What makes up a good IIS Hosting?
1. Server Specification – As for hosting platform, it must be windows server 2008 at least instead of other windows versions. By configuring server 2008, you should have the following features added:
- IIS 7 and IIS 8.0 support
- ASP.NET 2.0 ~ 4.5 support
- ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET routing engine
- WCF, Silverlight and LINQ
2. Powerful Control panel -The control panel should be able to accomplish all the common tasks such as IIS hostheader, script map, custom error page etc. Good control panel is followed by Dotnetpanel, Plesk.
3. Customer support – 24 x 7 live customer support is absolutely required for a good IIS hosting provider.
4. Uptime guarantee – At least 99% uptime guarantee should be offered to ensure your business is always online. Only if your website is online, you can make further business and be profitable.
Since there're over 100 iisproviders with various offer, it's not an easy task to determine the best one. We worked with multiple reputable windows hosting providers and actually worked as hosting support under a famous brand. We understand the business trick and how to evaluate a service in quick time. Our recommendations on this page is rated through our live experience so you can feel safe to deal with.